Tuesday 1 October 2013

VINYL IS BEST- BACK BEAT RECORDS


Business Owner-Lee

Where Are you Located? 80 Howard st Nambour Sunshine Coast QLD


What inspired you to open this business? I had a knee injury so could no longer work in the building trade. Ive always been a record collector so I wanted to incorporate my hobby into my livelihood . And it's a great way to get more records for myself.

How long have you been established?  I opened  the store 15 years  ago in Maroochydore then moved here about 2 years ago.

How would you describe the style of your store? Probably a musical tiki lounge suits it best. I have plenty of Hawaiian tiki surf themed things going on as well as the music memorabilia









From what era's will customers find music from in your store? 1930's to modern day

What price range do most records go at? From $1 to $80

Whats your favourite record in store at  the moment? I have lots of favourites but I always like abit of blues so I'll say "Folk Singer" by Muddy Waters on chess records.

Whats your most popular records sold at the moment?  Punk records are always a big seller for me, particular albums .......Everyone always seems to want "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac,  "Dark Side Of The Moon " by Pink Floyd. Led Zeppelin,  and Black Sabbath albums everyone knows and wants too.





 Theres just something soothing about the sound of music on vinyl that will get you every time. Support your local record store..........


Photographed by Ashleigh Johnston || Back Beat Records Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment