Tuesday 16 July 2013

LIVING WITH - THOM O'BRIEN


RETRO TRASH TO TREASURE BEACH SHAK

Who lives here?  Thom O'brien

What is your occupation?   DJ, Milliner 


How would you describe your interior style? Periodic with different themes in different areas.  Nothing preconceived just things I've come into contact with and acquired through time

What are some of the influences behind your style? Beach side living in a land before television. I haven't owned a TV for 11 years but the internet will get you.














Whats your favourite art work in your home? A  small photo collage my friend Kassia Meador made for me 

Whats your favourite piece of furniture in your home?  At the moment the tripod  lamp in the lounge room ,
because its the newest addition to my house. Its from  a salvage yard in Melbourne .

Whats you favourite room in your home and why? The lounge room is the area I've put the most attention into and i like to be near my record collection, and the view although my bedroom has the  next level view too.

Is there a must have item you still want for your home? A cow hide rug or a animal rug with a head on it

Do you have any favourite stores or online destinations you love sourcing pieces for your home from? Caboulture tip shop. Most Of my Hard wood furniture was sourced from their for about thirty dollars total.








Photographed by Ashleigh Johnston || Instagram Thom O'brien
+

1 comment: