Wednesday 26 June 2013

LIVING WITH - MARCUS "GUMMY" JOHNSTON


COSY COLLECTIVE HUMBLE HOME

Who lives here?  Marcus "Gummy" Johnston with  my wife Ashleigh Johnston

What is your occupation? Tattoo artist by trade and fine artist


How would you describe your interior style?  Vintage Eclectic. We like to surround ourselves with memories

What are some of the influences behind your style? Tattooing and traveling














Whats your favourite piece of furniture in your home? At this stage its the black chest of draws  in the living room that my wife did up. I think she did a rad job at restoring and restyling it from what is was originally

Is there any thing in particular you like to collect for for home? Any cool vintage ornament that catches my eye on our travels . we like to collect something for the memory of everywhere we have been.

Whats your favourite art work in your home? A 2m high  print from Berlin tattoo artist Lars Uwe that i had the privilege of meeting and receiving this from whilst traveling through europe with my wife 3 years ago

Whats your favourite room in your home and why? My art studio because its my escape from my day trade and gives me the opportunity to express myself in my other love of  fine art











Is there a must have item you still want for your home? My wife always wants something. I think next on the list was a persian rug and a louis chair. For me nothing in particular just anything i like when i see it.

Do you have any favourite stores or online destinations you love sourcing pieces for your home from? I personally prefer small old antique stores nothing to big and overwhelming. And i  always find good stuff on Gumtree.com.au. I'm more of  another mans trash is my treasure.

Photographed by Ashleigh Johnston || Instagram @gummyjohnston || Facebook Gummy Johnston







No comments:

Post a Comment